There are many types of fabric you will have to make the embroidering with an embroidery machine. Normally the embroidering of the clothes is the easiest and the most popular but have you ever tried to do the embroidering on the sweater surface.
Wool fabric can have some special and typical features which can give it difficult for the embroidering of the design. Because the surface of the wool fabric will be very soft so it can be more loosen than other kinds of fabric. So in case you have to embroider something on the surface of the wool surface, the below hints can help you to work it out if you follow it properly.
- The first one, but maybe quite important is that before you actually do the real job you should have a test. Wool fabric is different so you have to check it carefully before you start the embroidering. By testing, you can choose the right stabilizer for the embroidering also.
- You have to choose the right types of the embroidery designs. For the wool fabric you should not use dense designs which can not be suitable for it. You should choose some design which is few of vignette and having loosen designs.
- Before you put the wool fabric into the embroidery machine you have to wash the wool fabric first. You should dip it in the water over night so the fabric can have enough time to loosen or tighten. So the materials can be better for embroidering.
- You have to choose the needle with a ballpoint head to avoid the breaking of the wool fabric. The head point of the needle is very important because if the first start of the fabric is wrong then all will be broken.
- You have to choose the stabilizer which can be cut away after you finish the embroidering. You should not use the paper-based stabilizer because the paper will be very soft while the wool fabric is soft also. It can not support the embroidery machine to produce best design. For the wool fabric you should use nylon stabilizer which can stand the pressure of the embroidery machine on the wool fabric. Therefore, the cut away stabilizer can be firm enough to support the wool fabric. When you finish the embroidering, you have to know how to make them cut away. You have to cut all the excessive parts of the embroidering design. You have to use the sharp scissors to cut the stabilizer in a very good manner. In order to make sure that you can avoid cutting the design, you should make it slowly.
- You can use some sticking things to keep the edges of the wool fabric to stay firmly in the surface of the embroidery machine.
- Choose the right working mode of the embroidery machine. All embroidery machines can have several modes for embroidering depending on different types of fabric. You have to turn on the mode which is suitable for the wool fabric. There can be some other additional features and functions of each mode which can help to add some value to each embroidery design of the final product.
- Speed for embroidering is also another thing you have to take into consideration. For the wool fabric the speed of the embroidery machine should be lower compared to other kinds of fabric. If the speed is too fast so the wool fabric can be damaged much because this kind of fabric is very soft.