Janome, as always, has strived hard to cater for the needs of all types of users. The advanced or the professional users have some really serious needs in terms of the features, performance, and the quality of the sewing machine. If you have big sewing projects in hand, such as quilting or the task for sewing multiple layers of fabric at once, then the Janome MC-6300P professional sewing machine can be the best one for you. It is a big sturdy machine with a lot of the top features and included accessories to support all your heavy-duty sewing projects. The users can also have the confidence in this machine because of the top repute of the manufacturer, Janome. However, there are a few serious issues as well with the machine that also need your attention.
Janome MC-6300P Features
This sewing machine is perfect for advanced and heaving-duty sewing projects, including multilayer quilting as well. The machine does have some issues with multilayer stitching, but overall it still works well. The users on board will find 66 stitch patterns and 4 buttonholes as well. The system also has a useful LCD screen which displays a variety of information that includes the likes of twin needle guard and the indicator light for the low bobbin. The automatic thread cutter is a great addition that comes with memory capability as well. The users for their different sewing projects will find the machine versatile with script and block monogram stitch options. The features altogether make a good deal for professional users with heavy sewing tasks.
Janome MC-6300P Pros
- Precision, speed, and power are considered as the three main factors to determine the quality of a particular sewing machine. In case of this machine, it has A+ rating for all three factors, which is all thanks to the rich history and technological advancement of the Janome Company. For all the heavy-duty sewing and quality projects, the sewing speed of 1000 stitches in a minute will offer you great speed and convenience.
- It comes with a spacious throat space of 9 x 5 inches, which helps you to work easily with large quilts.
- There are also some advance feed mechanisms introduced for the purpose of sewing thick fabrics. It does a good job, but only to a certain limit. The knee lifter and an onboard thread cutter further support the users in such tasks.
- The onboard facilities are good for heavy projects. The users will surely benefit a lot from its 4 buttonhole styles and 66 built-in stitch patterns for time saving in large projects and providing good ready-made ideas.
- The LCD display screen provides users with a lot of information, which particularly includes the selected project mode, twin needle guard, and the low bobbin indicator light.
Janome MC-6300P Cons
- The bobbin for the sewing machine is just like oxygen is for living. Janome unexpectedly compromised the quality here of the bobbin by introducing it with a plastic material.
- Although it is a heavy-duty machine for bigger sewing projects, but still it shows inflexibility while operating on multiple layers of fabric, particularly cotton and denim. It works well on two to three layers, but not more than that. The job becomes even easier with the help of the extension table that comes along with the system as a package.
- The cost price in comparison to all the features and value of this sewing machine is unarguably on the higher side.
This is a serious machine for the professionals to be used for heavy-duty quilting and other big stitching tasks. Unlike the basic machines, this one has excellent features such as a thread cutter, up/down setting of the needle, larger throat space, different foot types, and the extension table to for sewing tasks. The major concern is that it doesn’t have the ability to sew multiple layers of cotton and even other fabrics with ease. Then, the plastic bobbin is also a tricky thing that doesn’t have the quality to last long. But still, this machine is tailor-made for heavy-duty and advanced tailoring projects.