The rule of thumb in buying the best sewing machine is to buy the brand. It is always considered as the safest choice with little to no chance of error. If you find a product online which has maximum reviews, great client feedback, excellent rating, and the product is from some renowned brand, then you can easily trust it for quality, durability, and brilliance in all sorts of sewing projects. In this category of sewing machines, Janome is one of the most reliable and highly trusted brands, which has captured a good part of the market. The DC2014 model from the manufacturer is one of the best for beginners and intermediary users. The good thing about the product is that it gives a good balance in all the quality features, reliability, productivity, and the overall performance of the system. As expected and like any other product, it also has a few limitations which we will discuss later in this review.
Janome DC2014 Features
The Janome sewing machines are always taken seriously by the potential buyers because of their impeccable repute. This one is found to be a good one for general sewing tasks. This machine is for learners, and advanced users may find it isn’t enough for their special needs. The built-in stitches, unlike other advance machines,are limited to just 50. However, there are 3 buttonholes as well onboard to add some good variety. This computerized machine has all the stitch functions on board,and you can select them by just selecting the option and you will be on your way towards implementing the stitch on the fabric. The quality of stitching is excellent with the Super Feed System (SFS), with fewer issues and complaints about it. The machine can stitch multiple layers even with no problems at all.
Janome DC2014 Pros
- The best and the foremost thing noted about the machine is that it is quite easy to use. The user manual that comes along with the product is quite helpful in learning all the tricks of the trade associated with this sewing machine.
- There are onboard computerized stitch options, which you can select with just a push of your finger to allow it to be implemented fairly conveniently over your fabric.
- Janome is a renowned brand which earned its reputation through its sophisticated technology used for giving an uncompromised quality of stitching. In this machine the Superior Feed System (SFS) exclusive technology is used by the Janome manufacturer, which brings unsurpassed quality in all types of stitching projects.
- A sewing machine becomes productive with its onboard stitches. This one comparatively has fewer onboard stitches with only 50, but that is still enough for the hobbyists and newbies into the stitching field. Moreover, the 3 buttonholes facility in the machine will surely add good variety and convenience in your full range of sewing projects.
- A few other productive and attention-grabbing features in the machine are its auto-lock option, speed control slider, and the easy reverse feature which adds to the value of this particular sewing machine.
Janome DC2014 Cons
- The machine weighs 22.2 pounds, so learners going to sewing classes will find it quite heavy to carry along on a dailybasis.
- This machine is not the best option for the advanced users, and for the beginners they may find the cost price of the machine to be too high to afford.
- Managing the bobbin and the changing it to the stitch can be a challenge for the user.
The first impression of this sewing machine from Janome is quite good, as people like it for its computerized connectivity and several other features that impress the users. The built-in stitches and the 3 buttonhole options provide the users with the essential variety for their diverse range of sewing needs. However, the machine still is not good for the advanced users because of its limited range of the functionalities. But if you are a starter or a hobbyist, then this sewing machine can be one of the best that you can have for easy learning and practicing.