Embroidery in both casual and formal clothing is very much in demand in most parts of the world. Considering the huge demand of such needs, the sewing machine industry responded well by introducing several models with a specialized added capability for embroidery as well. Some manufacturers also offer embroidery-only machines, and the Brother brand name is at the top of that list. Their PE770 is one such embroidery-only machine with computerized connectivity and several other embroidery-specific features to mesmerize the users with its versatility and extreme level of productivity. There are numerous built-in design patterns and a range of features that add to the spark of this highly viable embroidery machine.
- Large embroidery area – The equipment has a working area of 5 x 7 inches, which is good for the larger lettering and monogram needs. It can combine different designs with fewer re-hooping requirements.
- LCD Screen –The LCD display is touchscreen with easy to use back-lit feature as well. It gives you convenient access to different sophisticated designs and the editing features that are easier to navigate and use.
- Embroidery card slot – The built-in card slot can be used for stitching the designs by purchasing the memory cards from the manufacturer separately.
- Auto needle threader – The users can follow the threading diagram on the machine and a thread can then be used right through the needle with the help of an automatic needle threader.
- Built-in designs and the lettering fonts – The built-in designs providetremendous options for the users who are looking for convenience along with versatility. It has 136 embroidery designs built-in along with 6 lettering fonts as well.
- iBroidery compatible – The system allows you to purchase numerous embroidery designs from the iBroiderywebsite, which is one of the most dominating embroidery site with great innovative designs. It’s a great option that enable a person to experiment, apply, and work with the latest designs and embroidery work in an easy way.
- The 5 x 7 inches of embroidery field is good enough for some serious embroidery projects to be accomplished with ease. This will help you with the ability to try for the larger designs and also lettering with the option of editing as well before you stitch.
- The system presents the embroidery enthusiast with virtually unlimited numbers of design options. There are 136 embroidery designs built-in,and also 6 lettering fonts as well. The beauty of the machine is that it also includes the florals, scroll work, and some quilt patterns as well.
- You will have the liberty of using its extensive editing capabilities where you can mirror-image, rotate, and decrease and increase the size of all your designs.
- The backlit LED screen is enormous and can be used for viewing your new or edited designs on this large screen. Further, it can be used for monitoring the different active functions and also for setting up the machine as well. This function makes the machine a convenient and easy to operate one by giving a complete control over various function operating at the same time.
- The machine is found to be very reliable, particularly with its convenient threading of both the bobbin and the top thread which most of the other machine lacks.
- There are some serious thread tangling issues that usually become problematic after an hour or so of using the machine. It works reasonably fine initially for the first hour or so but not longer.
- The system can import designs from a computer through a USB memory stick or a memory card, but there is no computer connectivity for upgrading the system or to add certain other versatility. So, you would be limited to importing designs using a USB only, and there will be no option to add more features or designing options easily.
- The rigidness of the machine makes it extremely difficult in getting on the loom. At some times, some amateur users take 10 to 15 minutes in setting up the loom. If a beginner is using it, then it would be a hectic task for the person and take too long to start with it.
Brother is a big brand name which you can easily trust. This embroidery-only machine is packed with excellent features such as its numerous built-in embroidery design patterns, ability to import design from the computer, backlit LCD screen, good space for embroidering large designs, editing capabilities, and much more. The thread tangling issues may bother most people, but it is for sure that you cannot otherwise get such versatile branded embroidery machine at such an amazing price.